free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Introduction of B for B&B

Thinking of B turned my mind directly in the direction of "Bread and Butter", but even better:"B&B!

I don't know if you have ever seen the program about B&B on BBC? Well we have a similar series on Dutch TV.  It's interesting to see what a B&B owner has to do and how high the standards are. Everything has to be "spick-and-span"! Well, not necessarily new, but clean! The shower has to be as comfortable as possible and absolutely not slippery.
It is nice if there are coffee and tea making fascilities.
In May I had my first B&B experience in my own country. It was nice and very clean. I could make coffee or tea. The shower was exactly as it should be, only not on the same floor as the bedroom. The breakfast was really very good and tasty. The owners were very nice people.
My first B&B was in a beautiful city. I hope to return one day.



The street of the B&B



The view from my window: a quant old street of a medieval town




 

 With thanks to Denise Nesbitt, who created ABC.For more interesting ABC posts click on the logo in the sidebar. This week we are looking for words beginning with B. Don't forget to refer to ABC Wednesday and to the new logo.

***


22 comments:

  1. When you find these charming foreign havens they make the trip so special. I hadn't heard about the B&B series but will check it out. In the meantime, thank you for hosting and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice choice for the letter B's introduction. We've enjoyed most of our B & B experiences when traveling. Glad you had a good experience. This time around we chose to do mostly self-catering. I'll be back later to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet to avail myself of the B&B experience :)
    Looking forward!
    Great pics & description here, Wil :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stayed at a very lovely B&B in Stratford Upon Avon and I loved it. So cozy and comfy and close to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a quaint B & B, Wil! And a nice view too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing to beat a B&B if you find a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had the pleasure of staying in a B&B, but do love staying in older homes. There's so much charm to them, and their history is usually fascinating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have lots of good memories of staying in B&B's while touring England.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've stayed at a few B&Bs. Usually quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always stay in B&B when I am in London. But the best B&B I ever had was in Amsterdam where we stayed for the wedding of our son together with all other guests with children from abroad. It was so beautiful, an old farmhouse barn, perfectly modernized, all in wood, with very spacious rooms with a toilet, bathroom was on the floor, in the main house, there were also little family bungalows in a beautiful farmland with sheep and playground an ideal place ! The bus stop was just in front of the B&B, Amsterdam city was 5 km away and you had a nice view on it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great info.The experience appears to be very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I happened to notice on one of the pictures the town where you stayed was called Naarden in N.Holland, so I googled it, what a beautiful town. It is fortressed by water in a sort of Kaleidoscope pattern.
    You must have had a wonderful holiday there Wil, thanks for sharing it ,
    I think I've read somewhere that you're on holiday in Norway, so have a wonderful time.
    Love Di.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The place looks so homely and comfortable. My first experience of B&B was in the home of a fellow blogger in Assam. We had a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'B' is for Brisbane, Australia: By night, brilliantly lit-up and bragging about its bridge!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post..we'v stayed in a B&B going out west to see Mt. Rushmore....it was a great trip♪

    ReplyDelete
  16. My 'B' is for Black swans in Ballarat. Bathing in the 'Black Swamp' (Lake Wendouree).

    ReplyDelete
  17. B stands for the Bridge on the Broken River in Benalla, Victoria, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a lovely and charming B & B! my hubby and I loved going to B & Bs for our anniversary. Whoever designed the new ABC logo, bravo! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troy, who has done the last eight or ten designs, did this one too!

      Delete
  19. You found a Beautiful B&B and at the same time, the perfect topic to celebrate B :) I have enjoyed most B&B's we've been to, though sometimes, I must admit that being sociable while traveling is just a tiny Bit uncomfortable. I wonder if anyone else ever feels like that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely place! I've never stayed at a B&B before.

    ReplyDelete